What We Do
NORTHCOAST provides one major communication link with ease of access for integrated home health services including home infusion and hospice. Additional benefits of working with NORTHCOAST include:
- Network management providing credentialing and contracting of providers
- Verification of insurance benefits prior to starting care and monthly reverification done by seasoned NorthCoast staff
- Nurse case managers working cooperatively to provide the appropriate level of service within the patient’s benefits while focusing on meeting the patient’s needs
- Patient management guidelines administered fairly and consistently
- Intake coordinators available 24/7 facilitating after-hours and weekend discharges
- Focus on payor and patient needs
- Claims processed and submitted electronically in HIPAA compliant format utilizing standardized coding
- Uniform data collection and analysis for outcome measurements including unplanned readmissions
- Utilization oversight of healthcare benefit
- Disease management programs such as Heart Failure reducing both hospital readmissions and ER utilization.
- Problem resolution with patients and providers.
- Extensive history of coordination, management, and provision of service for Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Prudential, Medical Mutual of Ohio, United Healthcare, and other payer organizations.
- Operational efficiencies reducing administrative costs and generating cost savings for third party payors.
- Management team with many years of experience in home health, infusion, and hospice
- Case managers experienced in home care and home infusion
- Operational standards supporting NCQA and HEDIS guidelines.
- Proven provider satisfaction
NorthCoast links providers with patients to provide quality care to meet their home care, infusion, and hospice needs. Services include:
- Network development, contracting, and credentialing
- Medical benefit management
- Ease of referral/single point of contact
- Verification of benefits
- Immediate start of care/available 24/7
- Care coordination/clinical expertise
- Proactive performance improvement program
- Claims management and processing
- Data Management
- Disease Management programs as requested
- Consultative services as requested
- …and more!
|Ohio Council for Home Care||www.homecareohio.org|
|National Association of Home Care||www.nahc.com|
|National Home Infusion Association||www.nhianet.org|
|American Society of Health-System Pharmacists||www.ashp.org|
|Infusion Nurses Society||www.ins1.org|
|The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCP)||www.nhpco.org|
|Institute for Safe Medication Practices||www.ismp.org|
|Center for Disease Control||www.cdc.gov|
|Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services||www.cms.gov|